1261 - Robert le Hout
|Topic||Dean and Chapter at Somerley, diocese of Chicehster, directed to protect Prior and Convent of Selborne in their possession of church of West Tisted, which Joan, widow of Robert le Hout, granted to them.|
By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2015-08-30. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2018-10-18.
Bull from Pope Alexander IV addressed to the Dean and Chanter of
Sumallinges, diocese of Chichester, directing them to protect the Prior
and Convent of Seleburne in the possession of the church of Westistede,
the revenues of which do not exceed 10 marks, and which the said Prior
and Convent have acquired for appropriation, at the presentation of the
patroness Joan, who was the wife of Rob. le Hout.
Macray, W.D. (1891), p. 54: "1261, 3 Jan., "iij nonas Jan. pontif. nostri anno vij"; at the Lateran [IRHB: 'Jan. 3, in the seventh year of our pontificate'.] This document is item No. 274. Description of seal: 'The leaden bulla is attached.'
- Not included in Sussex, Lucy, compil. 'References to Robin Hood up to 1600', in: Knight, Stephen. Robin Hood: A Complete Study of the English Outlaw (Oxford, UK; Cambridge, Massachusetts: Blackwell, 1994), pp. 262-88.
- Macray, William Dunn, ed. Calendar of Charters and Documents Relating to Selborne and its Priory Preserved in the Muniment Room of Magdalen College, Oxford ([Publications of the] Hampshire Record Society) (London; Winchester, 1891), p. 23.
- Macray, William Dunn, ed. Calendar of Charters and Documents Relating to Selborne and its Priory Preserved in the Muniment Room of Magdalen College, Oxford ([Publications of the] Hampshire Record Society) (London; Winchester, 1891), p. 54.
- For examples of vacillation between 'Hod' and 'Hot' (a place-name), see Charlton, Lionel. The History of Whitby, and of Whitby Abbey. Collected rom the original Records of the Abbey, and other authentic Memoirs, never before made public. Containing, Not only the History of Whitby and the Country adjacent, but also the Original and Antiquity of many particular Families and Places in other Parts of Yorkshire (York; London; Whitby, 1779), pp 69, 72, 95 (ter).