Friar Tuck Shop (Chapel St Leonards)

From International Robin Hood Bibliography
Coordinate 53.216243, 0.335334
Adm. div. Lincolnshire
Vicinity E side of S Road, Chapel St Leonards, immediately S of entrance to the Robin Hood Camp (now the Golden Palm Resort)
Type Establishment
Interest Robin Hood name
Status Defunct
First Record 1958
Loading map...
Site of Friar Tuck Shop, immediately S of entrance to Robin Hood Camp (now Golden Palm Resort.
Site of Friar Tuck Shop / Google Earth Street View.

By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2019-05-16. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2021-02-13.

On the south side of the entrance to the Robin Hood Camp – now the Golden Palm Resort – in Chapel St leonards was a Friar Tuck Shop from at least the 1950s to 1970s.

The shop can be seen on the postcards from 1958 and the 1970s shown in the image gallery below. Immediately South-east of the site is now a Maid Marian Pub.



Shop not labelled or indicated on maps.


Also see