Robin Hood Fish and Kebab Takeaway (Dagenham)
|Adm. div.||Essex, now Greater London|
|Interest||Robin Hood name|
|A.k.a.||Robin Hood Fish Bar|
By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2018-01-09. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2018-07-16.
After the demise of Robin Hood at 807 Longbridge Road, Dagenham (formerly Essex, now Greater London) a Lidl was built there instead and, apparently in commemoration of the defunct pub. a fish & chips takeaway shop just around the corner, on Lodge Avenue, changed its name to Robin Hood Fish & Kebab Takeaway. This had happened by September of 2010. A Google search shows that it is also known around the web as 'Robin Hood Fish Bar'.
- Not included in Dobson, R.B., ed.; Taylor, J., ed. Rymes of Robyn Hood: an Introduction to the English Outlaw (London, 1976), pp. 293-311.
The shop is not included on these maps.
- 25" O.S. map Essex (New Series) LXXVIII.16 (1919; rev. 1915)
- 25" O.S. map Essex LXXIV.6 (1897; rev. 1895)
- 25" O.S. map Essex (New Series) LXXVIII.16 (1919; rev. 1915) (georeferenced)
- 25" O.S. map Essex LXXVIII.16 (1946; rev. 1938) (pub included).