Munday, Anthony - Downfall of Robert Earle of Huntington
From International Robin Hood Bibliography
By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2013-08-15. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2022-05-15.
- Munday, Anthony; [Chettle, Henry]; Collier, John Payne, ed. The Downfall of Robert Earl of Huntington (London, 1828).
- Collier, John Payne, ed. Five Old Plays, Forming a Supplement to the Collections of Dodsley and Others (London, 1833); (separate pagination). Same ed. as preceding.
- Dodsley, Robert, ed.; Hazlitt, W.C., ed. A Select Collection of Old English Plays (London, 1874), vol. VIII, pp. 93-207.
Studies and criticism
- Margeson, J. M. R. 'Dramatic Form: The Huntington Plays', Studies in English Literature, 1500-1900, vol. 14 (1974), pp. 223-38
- Oakley-Brown, Liz. 'Framing Robin Hood: temporality and textuality in Anthony Munday's Huntington plays', in: Phillips, Helen, ed. Robin Hood: Medieval and Post-Medieval (Dublin, 2005), pp. 113-128
- Skura, Meredith. 'Anthony Munday's "Gentrification" of Robin Hood', English Literary Renaissance, vol. 33 (2003), pp. 155-80
- Uéno, Yoshiko. 'Robin Hood Plays and Pastoral: Two Huntingdon Plays and The Sad Shepherd', Studies in English Literature: A Journal Devoted to English and American Language and Literature Published by The English Literary Society of Japan, English Number (1979), pp. 19-36.
- Freeburg, Victor Oscar. Disguise Plots in Elizabethan Drama: a Study in Stage Tradition (Columbia University Studies in English and Comparative Literature) (New York, 1915), pp. 25, 105, 151 n., 223
- Griffin, Carrie. 'The Play's the Thing: Establishing Boundaries in Anthony Munday's The Downfall of Robert, Earle of Huntington', in: Coote, Lesley, ed.; Johnson, Valerie B., ed. Robin Hood in Outlaw/ed Spaces: Media, Performance, and Other New Directions (Outlaws in Literature, History and Culture) (Abingdon, Oxon; New York, 2017), pp. 57-69
- Merriam, Thomas. 'Six-Word Collocations in Shakespeare and Sir Thomas More', Notes & Queries, vol. 56 (2009), pp. 48-51, see p. 50
- Merriam, Thomas. 'Six-Word Collocations in Shakespeare and Sir Thomas More – Revisited', Notes & Queries, vol. 264 (2019), pp. 415-16, see p. 416
- Oliphant, E.H. C. 'Problems of Authorship in Elizabethan Dramatic Lierature', Modern Philology, vol. VIII (1911), pp. 411-59; see p. 454: attributes the Huntingdon plays to Munday and Chettle
- Parrott, T.M. 'The Authorship of Two Italian Gentlemen', Modern Philology, vol. XIII (1915), pp. 241-51; see pp. 250, 251. On rhyme-schemes, comic "malapropisms" etc. as evidence of authorship in Downfall and Death
- Reynolds, George F. 'Some Principles of Elizabethan Staging. Part I.', Modern Philology, vol. II (1905), pp. 581-614; see p. 597.
- Munday, Anthony - Death of Robert Earle of Huntington
- Munday, Anthony - Metropolis Coronata
- 1515 - Skelton, John - Magnificence
- 1509 - Barclay, Alexander - Ship of Fools (3).