Robin Hood Wood (Bassenthwaite)
|Vicinity||Immediately N of Bassenthwaite|
|Interest||Robin Hood name|
By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2017-08-30. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2018-07-16.
Robin Hood Wood is situated immediately north of Bassenthwaite. About 200 m NNW are Robin Hood farm and Robin Hood Cottage. Robin Hood Holiday Park is located c. 300 m northwest. Robin Hood Wood is included on the 6" O.S. map of the area published in 1867 as well as subsequent revisions (see Maps section below).
- Not included in Dobson, R.B., ed.; Taylor, J., ed. Rymes of Robyn Hood: an Introduction to the English Outlaw (London, 1976), pp. 293-311.
- 6" O.S. map Cumberland XLVI (1867; surveyed 1864-65)
- 6" O.S. map Cumberland XLVI.SE (1900; rev. 1898)
- 6" O.S. map Cumberland XLVI.SE (1900; rev. 1898) (georeferenced)
- 6" O.S. map Cumberland XLVI.SE (19230; rev. 1926)
Click any image to display it in the lightbox, where you can navigate between images by clicking in the right or left side of the current image.
Path in Robin Hood Wood / David Brown; Geograph; Creative Commons.
Bridleway in Robin Hood Wood / Adrian Taylor; Geograph; Creative Commons.
On the bridleway in Robin Hood Wood / Christine Johnstone; Geograph; Creative Commons.