Robin Hood Sawmill (Bassenthwaite)
|Vicinity||c. 1 km NW of Bassenthwaite village; c. 1 km NE of the B5291 along the road to Uldale|
|Interest||Robin Hood name|
By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2017-09-08. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2019-04-05.
Established in 2002, Robin Hood Sawmill is located c. 1 km NW of Bassenthwaite village, c. 0.5 km NW of the Robin Hood (Bassenthwaite) vicinity and c. 1 km NE of the B5291 along the road to Uldale. A Google search produces several entries for the company in trade directories and address banks, but they cite no street name and number. In fact, judging from Google Earth and Bing Maps, the road to Uldale has no name.
- Not included in Dobson, R.B., ed.; Taylor, J., ed. Rymes of Robyn Hood: an Introduction to the English Outlaw (London, 1976), pp. 293-311.
- 6" O.S. map Cumberland XLVI (1867; surveyed 1864-65)
- 6" O.S. map Cumberland XLVI.SE (1900; rev. 1898)
- 6" O.S. map Cumberland XLVI.SE (1900; rev. 1898) (georeferenced)
- 6" O.S. map Cumberland XLVI.SE (1926; rev. 1923).
Click any image to display it in the lightbox, where you can navigate between images by clicking in the right or left side of the current image.