Robin Hood Inn (Baslow)
|Vicinity||Chesterfield Road, Baslow|
|Interest||Robin Hood name|
By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2013-08-07. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2021-02-12.
The pub figures on 6" and 25" O.S. maps from 1883 to the 1950s (see Maps section below). It evidently lent its name to the hamlet that grew up around it as well as two localites there. See further the page on Baslow place-name cluster.
- Dobson, R. B., ed.; Taylor, J., ed. Rymes of Robyn Hood: an Introduction to the English Outlaw (London, 1976), pp. 296, s.n. "Robin Hood".
- Cameron, Kenneth. The Place-Names of Derbyshire (English Place-Name Society, vols. XXVII-XXIX) (Cambridge, 1959), pt. I, p. 42.
- 25" O.S. map Derbyshire XXIV.2 (c. 1879; surveyed c. 1878). No copy in NLS
- 25" O.S. map Derbyshire XXIV.2 (1898; rev. 1897)
- 25" O.S. map Derbyshire XXIV.2 (1922; rev. 1919).
- 25" O.S. map of Baslow And Bubnell parish, Derbyshire (1950s) (georeferenced)
- 6" O.S. map Derbyshire Sheet XXIV.NW (1883; surveyed 1876–78)
- 6" O.S. map Derbyshire XXIV.NW (1899; rev. 1897) (georeferenced)
- 6" O.S. map Derbyshire Sheet XXIV.NW (1899; rev. 1897)
- 6" O.S. map Derbyshire XXIV (1923; rev. 1919–20)
- 6" O.S. map Derbyshire Sheet XXIV.NW (1923; rev. 1919–20).
- Dalrymple-Smith, David. Barslow in the 1820: or how the Duke got his Golden Gate ([s.l.], 2013).
- Barslow Enclosure Act 1824; the enclosure award does not mention Robin Hood as the name of the hamlet or inn
- The Robin Hood Inn, Baslow (pub website).
Click any image to display it in the lightbox, where you can navigate between images by clicking in the right or left side of the current image.
The Robin Hood Inn, Baslow / The inn's website.
The Robin Hood Inn near Birchen Edge / Neil Theasby, 24 May 2012; Creative Commons, via Geograph.
Robin Hood Inn / Chris Morgan, 30 Jan. 2013; Creative Commons, via Geograph.
Robin Hood Inn; the inn is by an awkward junction with the B6050 on the A619. It is a popular spot for starting (and finishing) country walks / Andrew Hill , 7 June 2013; Creative Commons, via Geograph.
The Robin Hood Inn: Just the place to relax on a hot, July afternoon / Tony Bacon, 23 July 2014; Creative Commons, via Geograph.
The Robin Hood Inn: This inn is the starting point (and finishing point) for many walks in this area / Roger Temple 12 Sep. 2007; Creative Commons, via Geograph.
The Robin Hood Inn / Alan Heardman, 14 Apr. 200; Creative Commons, via Geograph.
The Robin Inn / Row17, 16 July 2006; Creative Commons, via Geograph.