1562 - Paulet, William - To Mary I
|Title||[William Paulet to Mary I]|
|Mentions||Piers at Robin Hood's Bay in a decayed state|
By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2017-04-15. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2018-07-12.
Decayed state of the piers of Bridlington and Robin Hood's Bay, in Yorkshire. Requests that certain lordships of the Crown may be let for defraying the necessary repairs.
This calendar entry is a summary of the MS letter; spellings of place-names may not be exactly as in the MS source. Marginal note in printed source: "Nov. 17". The letter was sent from "Winchester to the Queen", i.e. from William Paulet, 1st Marquess of Winchester, Lord High Treasurer, to Mary I.
- Not included in Dobson, R.B., ed.; Taylor, J., ed. Rymes of Robyn Hood: an Introduction to the English Outlaw (London, 1976), pp. 315-19.
- Outside scope of Sussex, Lucy, compil. 'References to Robin Hood up to 1600', in: Knight, Stephen. Robin Hood: A Complete Study of the English Outlaw (Oxford, UK; Cambridge, Massachusetts: Blackwell, 1994), pp. 262-88.
- Lemon, Robert, ed. Calendar of State Papers, Domestic Series, of the Reigns of Edward Vi., Mary, Elizabeth, 1547–1580. Preserved in the State Paper Department of Her majesty's Public Record Office (London, 1856), p. 211.
- Wikipedia: Marquess of Winchester
- Wikipedia: Mary I of England
- Wikipedia: William Paulet, 1st Marquess of Winchester.