1226 - Robert Had witness to deed
|Topic||Robert Had witness to deed.|
By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2018-11-24. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2018-11-24.
Deed of sale and quitclaim by Roger, son of Andrew of Frome Bridge (de Ponte Frome) to Hamo the Clerk of all his right in the land, with buildings and appurtenances, between the gate and the bridge of Frome which was formerly his father's, for 10 marks paid to him by Hamo. Warranty and sealing clauses. 'Hiis testibus Rogero Aylard. Willelmo Clerico. John Sellar'. Ada Horhee. Petro Clerico. Ricardo Aylard. Jacobo la Warre. Ricardo Coco. Ricardo Corduan'. Pagano le Noble. Roberto Had'. Johanne Clerico. et aliis.'
What may well be the same person appears as Robert Hod in two other records. These are listed under 'Also see' below. F.72v. Italics and brackets as in printed source. Summary of notes in printed text. MS heading: "Carta Rogeri filii Andree de Ponte Frame". Hamo the Clerk, who appears in the records in 1226/27, July 1231, 1235-46, died before 1268. This record may be dated c. 1226-44 when Hamo the Clerk gave this land in Frome Bridge Street to William de Ermington. Later known as Christmas Street, Frome Bridge Street lay between St. John's Gate and Frome Bridge.
- Not included in Sussex, Lucy, compil. 'References to Robin Hood up to 1600', in: Knight, Stephen. Robin Hood: A Complete Study of the English Outlaw (Oxford, UK; Cambridge, Massachusetts: Blackwell, 1994), pp. 262-88.
- Ross, C.D., ed.; Douglas, David, gen.ed.; Ralph, Elizabeth, assist. gen. ed. Cartulary of St. Mark's Hospital, Bristol (Bristol Record Society's Publications, vol. XXI) ([s.l.], 1959), p. 94, No. 133.
- 1226 - Robert Hod witness to deed
- 1244 - Robert Hod witness to deed
- Persons named Robin Hood (links).