Robin Hood and Little John (North Kensington)

From International Robin Hood Bibliography
Coordinate 51.526061, -0.209518
Adm. div. Middlesex, now Greater London
Vicinity On Kensal Road
Type Public house
Interest Robin Hood name
Status Defunct
First Record 1847
A.k.a. Robin Hood; Robinhood
Loading map...
The Robin Hood was somewhere on Kensal Road.
Kensal Road where the Robin Hood was located / Google Earth Street View.

By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2018-01-17. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2022-05-05.

There was a pub known variously as the Robin Hood and the Robin Hood & Little John on Kensal Street, North Kensington, from at least 1847 to 1944.

Pub History lists the house number as 33,[1] but the sources available at The Genealogist suggest that during the time house numbers – rather than names of houses – have been used for purposes of identification, there have not been numbers as low as 33 on Kensal Street. The pub is listed in the 1851 census as "The Robinhood", with Giles Dickens as publican, under the house name Wards Cottage.[2] Dickens's will was proved on 17 Jan. 1855.[3]

Additional information on publicans gleaned from trade directories etc. from the period 1847–1944 can be found at Pub History (see Sources below).


MS sources

Web sources


Also see