Robin Hood (Hove)
|Vicinity||1-3 Norfolk Place, Hove, Brighton|
|Interest||Robin Hood name|
By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2020-11-18. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2021-01-07.
The still thriving Robin Hood pub in Hove was in business by 1866. Situated on the old boundary between Brighton and Hove, the pub now brands itself as a 'People's pub', distributing its profits to local community organisations.
A list of publicans for 1866–1938 can be found at the Pub Wiki. The pub is indicated as 'P.H.' on the early 25" O.S. maps listed below.
- Not included in Dobson, R. B., ed.; Taylor, J., ed. Rymes of Robyn Hood: an Introduction to the English Outlaw (London, 1976), pp. 293-311.
- Geograph: TQ2904: Robin Hood Pub
- Geograph: TQ3004: Robin Hood, Norfolk Place
- Pub Wiki: Robin Hood, 3 Norfolk Place, Brighton.
- 25" O.S. map Sussex LXVI.9 (1911; rev. 1909) (georeferenced)
- 25" O.S. map Sussex LXVI.9 (1911; rev. 1909)
- 25" O.S. map Sussex LXVI.9 (1931; rev. 1929–30)
- 6" O.S. map Sussex LXVI (1880; surveyed 1873–75)
- 6" O.S. map Sussex LXVI.SW (1899; rev. 1896–97) (georeferenced)
- 6" O.S. map Sussex LXVI.SW (1899; rev. 1896–97)
- 6" O.S. map Sussex LXVI.SW (1912; rev. 1909)
- 6" O.S. map Sussex LXVI.SW (c. 1933; rev. 1929–30)
- 6" O.S. map Sussex LXVI.SW (c. 1947; rev. 1938).
Click any image to display it in the lightbox, where you can navigate between images by clicking in the right or left side of the current image.
The Robin Hood / Simon Carey, 25 Jan. 2014; Creative Commons, via Geograph.
The Robin Hood in its previous, garish pink / Paul Gillett, 17 Dec. 2011; Creative Commons, via Geograph.