Potter, Lois 2008a
From International Robin Hood Bibliography
Revision as of 16:23, 26 October 2017 by Henryfunk (Text replacement - "|intro='''Later editions/printings'''|default=|columns=1|limit=1000|" to "|columns=1|intro='''Later editions/printings'''|default=|limit=2000|")
Potter, Lois, ed.; Calhoun, Joshua, ed. Images of Robin Hood: Medieval to Modern / Edited by Lois Potter and Joshua Calhoun. Newark, DE: University of Delaware Press, 2008. 286 pp. 24 cm. Illus. Hardback. ISBN 0874130034; ISBN 978-0874130034.
- pp. 11-20: Potter, Lois; Calhoun, Joshua, 'Introduction'
- pp. 21-40: Knight, Stephen. 'Robin Hood: The Earliest Contexts'
- pp. 41-50: Kane, Stuart A. 'The Outlaw's Song of Trailbaston, the Green Man, and the Facial Machine'
- pp. 51-59: Winick, Stephen D. 'Reynardine and Robin Hood: Echoes of an Outlaw Legend in Folk Balladry'
- pp. 60-82: Marshall, John. 'Picturing Robin Hood in Early Print and Performance: 1500-1590'
- pp. 83-101: Phillips, Helen. '"Merry" and "Greenwood": A History of Some Meanings'
- pp. 102-110: Thompson, Kimberly A. 'The Late Medieval Robin Hood: Good Yeomanry and Bad Performances'
- pp. 111-22: Wheare, Michael. '"From the Castle Hill they came with violence": The Edinburgh Robin Hood Riots of 1561'
- pp. 123-37: Griffy, Henry. 'The Work of Robin Hood Art in an Age of Mechanical Reproduction'
- pp. 138-52: May, Jill. 'Robin Hood's Home Away from Home: Howard Pyle and His Art Students'
- pp. 153-73: Gaylord, Alan T. '"There was something about him that spoke of other things than rags and tatters": Howard Pyle and the Language of Robin Hood
- pp. 174-87: Yongue, Patricia Lee. 'The Play's the Thing: Tom Sawyer Re-enacts Robin Hood
- pp. 188-96: Evans, Michael R. 'A Song of Freedom": Geoffrey Trease's Bows against the Barons
- pp. 197-208: Lux, Sherron. 'Picturing Marian: Illustrations of Maid Marian in Juvenile Fiction'
- pp. 209-16: Uéno, Yoshiko. 'Male Cross-Dressing in Kabuki: Benten the Thief'
- pp. 217-33: Chen, Jianguo. 'Figures of "Robin Hood" in the Chinese Cultural Imaginary'
- pp. 234-41: McInnis, Judy B. 'The Images of Robin Hood and Don Juan in George Bernard Shaw's Man and Superman'
- pp. 242-55: Krasner, Orly Leah. 'To Steal from the Rich and Give to the Poor: Reginald de Koven's Robin Hood'
- pp. 256-65: Stock, Lorraine Kochanske. 'Recovering Reginald de Koven's and Harry Bache Smith’s "Lost" Operetta Maid Marian'