Little Johns (Blackmore)

From International Robin Hood Bibliography
Revision as of 19:42, 20 February 2018 by Henryfunk (talk | contribs) (Created page with "__NOTOC__{{PnItemTop|Lat=51.6850|Lon=0.3275|AdmDiv=Essex|Vicinity=Immediately W. of Fyerning Wood|Type=Area|Interest=Robin Hood name| Status=Defunct|Demonym=English|Riding=|Gr...")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Template:PnItemTop

Loading map...
Little Johns, Blackmore.

[[File:|thumb|right|500px|Little John's Meadow, Rivenhall (red outline), / Google Earth Street View.]]

By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2018-02-20. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2018-02-20.

The 1845 tithe award for Blackmore lists 'Little Johns' as the name of a close immediately west of Fryerning Wood. Its owner/occupier is listed as George Clapham, Esq., its state of cultivation as 'Pasture', its area as 7 acres, 1 rood and 33 perches (Template:AcreRoodPerchToM2 m2).[1]

Gazetteers

MS sources

  • Tithe award for Rivenhall, online at the Genealogist.co.uk, Piece 12, Sub-Piece 280, Image 010 (requires paid subscription)
  • Accompanying map, online at the Genealogist.co.uk, Piece 12, Sub-Piece 280, Sub-Image 001 (requires paid subscription).

Printed sources

Maps

Little John Meadow not labelled.

Background

Template:PnItemAlsoSee

Notes

  1. Tithe award for Rivenhall, online at the Genealogist.co.uk, Piece 12, Sub-Piece 280, Image 010 (requires paid subscription); Genealogist.co.uk, Piece 12, Piece 12, Sub-Piece 280, Sub-Image 001; map (requires paid subscription). Waller, William Chapman, compil. 'Essex Field Names: Part VIII.—The Hundreds of Dunmow and Witham', Transactions of the Essex Archæological Society, New Series, vol. IX (1903), pp. 68-100; see pp. 69, 84.


Template:ImgGalleryIntro


Template:PnItemNav