Robin Hood (Shripney)
|Vicinity||Shripney Road, Shripney, North Bersted, Bognor|
|Interest||Robin Hood name|
By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2020-11-17. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2021-02-12.
The still existing Robin Hood on Shripney Road in Shripney, North Bersted, Bognor, was in business by 1878. It is now a Chef and Brewer pub with a Premier Inn attached to it.
A list of publicans for various years in the period 1878-1915 (and probably 1938) can be found at the Pub Wiki.
- Not included in Dobson, R. B., ed.; Taylor, J., ed. Rymes of Robyn Hood: an Introduction to the English Outlaw (London, 1976), pp. 293-311.
- 25" O.S. map Sussex LXII.14 (c. 1876; surveyed c. 1876). No copy in NLS
- 25" O.S. map Sussex LXII.14 (1898; rev. 1896) (georeferenced)
- 25" O.S. map Sussex LXII.14 (1898; rev. 1896)
- 25" O.S. map Sussex LXII.14 (1912; rev. 1910)
- 25" O.S. map Sussex LXII.14 (1947; rev. 1939)
- 6" O.S. map Sussex LXII (1880; surveyed 1875–76)
- 6" O.S. map Sussex LXII.SW (1899; rev. 1896) (georeferenced)
- 6" O.S. map Sussex LXII.SW (1899; rev. 1896)
- 6" O.S. map Sussex LXII.SW (1914; rev. 1910)
- 6" O.S. map Sussex LXII.SW (c. 1952; rev. 1950).
- National Archives: Records of Tamplins Brewery Ltd, Brighton (formerly Tamplin and Sons Ltd), and of Absorbed Companies.
- Pub Wiki: Robin Hood, Shripney, North Bersted, Bognor. As fas as IRHB can judge, Pub Wiki's listing of Robin Hood, Bersted, Sussex should be merged with that of the pub in Shripney.
Click any image to display it in the lightbox, where you can navigate between images by clicking in the right or left side of the current image.
The Robin Hood in Shripney / Peter Holmes, 13 Mar. 2012, Creative Commons, via Geograph.