Difference between revisions of "Robin Hood and Little John (Arnold)"

From International Robin Hood Bibliography
m
m (Text replacement - "{{#display_map:{{#var:Coords}}~{{#replace:{{PAGENAME}}|'|'}}|width=34%}}<div class="pnMapLegend">" to "{{#display_map:{{#var:Coords}}~{{#replace:{{PAGENAME}}|'|'}}|width=34%|service=leaflet}}<div class="pnMapLegend">")
Line 1: Line 1:
 
__NOTOC__{{PnItemTop|Lat=53.006650|Lon=-1.127358|AdmDiv=Nottinghamshire|Vicinity=Intersection of Church and Cross streets in Arnold|Type=Public house|Interest=Robin Hood name|Status=Extant|Demonym=English|Riding=|GreaterLondon=|Year=1796|Aka=Robin Hood (and) Little John; Robin Hood Inn|Century=|Cluster1=Arnold|Cluster2=|Cluster3=|Image=robin-hood-and-little-john-arnold.jpg|Postcards=Yes|ExtraCat1=Places named after Little John|ExtraCat2=|ExtraCat3=|ExtraCat4=|ExtraCat5=|ExtraLink1=|ExtraLink2=|ExtraLink3=|ExtraLink4=|ExtraLink5=|ExtraLinkName1=|ExtraLinkName2=|ExtraLinkName3=|ExtraLinkName4=|ExtraLinkName5=|GeopointPrefix=|GeopointSuffix=|StatusSuffix=|DatePrefix=|DateSuffix=}}
 
__NOTOC__{{PnItemTop|Lat=53.006650|Lon=-1.127358|AdmDiv=Nottinghamshire|Vicinity=Intersection of Church and Cross streets in Arnold|Type=Public house|Interest=Robin Hood name|Status=Extant|Demonym=English|Riding=|GreaterLondon=|Year=1796|Aka=Robin Hood (and) Little John; Robin Hood Inn|Century=|Cluster1=Arnold|Cluster2=|Cluster3=|Image=robin-hood-and-little-john-arnold.jpg|Postcards=Yes|ExtraCat1=Places named after Little John|ExtraCat2=|ExtraCat3=|ExtraCat4=|ExtraCat5=|ExtraLink1=|ExtraLink2=|ExtraLink3=|ExtraLink4=|ExtraLink5=|ExtraLinkName1=|ExtraLinkName2=|ExtraLinkName3=|ExtraLinkName4=|ExtraLinkName5=|GeopointPrefix=|GeopointSuffix=|StatusSuffix=|DatePrefix=|DateSuffix=}}
{{#display_map:{{#var:Coords}}~{{#replace:{{PAGENAME}}|&#39;|'}}|width=34%}}<div class="pnMapLegend">Robin Hood and Little John, Arnold</div>
+
{{#display_map:{{#var:Coords}}~{{#replace:{{PAGENAME}}|&#39;|'}}|width=34%|service=leaflet}}<div class="pnMapLegend">Robin Hood and Little John, Arnold</div>
 
[[File:{{#var:Pnimage}}|thumb|right|500px|The Robin Hood (and) Little John / [https://insearchofholywellsandhealingsprings.com/about-pixyled-publications/ Photo courtesy Ross Parish.]]]
 
[[File:{{#var:Pnimage}}|thumb|right|500px|The Robin Hood (and) Little John / [https://insearchofholywellsandhealingsprings.com/about-pixyled-publications/ Photo courtesy Ross Parish.]]]
 
<p id="byline">By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2018-05-27. Revised by {{#realname:{{REVISIONUSER}}}}, {{REVISIONYEAR}}-{{REVISIONMONTH}}-{{REVISIONDAY2}}. Photo courtesy Ross Parish, author of [https://insearchofholywellsandhealingsprings.com/about-pixyled-publications/ books] and a [https://insearchofholywellsandhealingsprings.com/ blog] on English holy wells.</p><div class="no-img">
 
<p id="byline">By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2018-05-27. Revised by {{#realname:{{REVISIONUSER}}}}, {{REVISIONYEAR}}-{{REVISIONMONTH}}-{{REVISIONDAY2}}. Photo courtesy Ross Parish, author of [https://insearchofholywellsandhealingsprings.com/about-pixyled-publications/ books] and a [https://insearchofholywellsandhealingsprings.com/ blog] on English holy wells.</p><div class="no-img">

Revision as of 05:01, 5 April 2019

Template:PnItemTop

Loading map...
Robin Hood and Little John, Arnold

[[File:|thumb|right|500px|The Robin Hood (and) Little John / Photo courtesy Ross Parish.]]

By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2018-05-27. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2019-04-05. Photo courtesy Ross Parish, author of books and a blog on English holy wells.

The Robin Hood and Little John has traded under that name – now using the quirky variant "Robin Hood (and) Little John" – ever since 1796, when it opened in premises newly built for the purpose by Thomas Sturtivant, keeper of Nottingham jail,[1]

In the tithe award for Arnold (1842) the land on which the pub stands is listed as "Robin Hood Inn & Yard", the landowners as the trustees of Stirtevant, and the area as 13 perches (Template:AcreRoodPerchToM2 m2).[2] As is usually the case with public houses in urban areas, the Robin Hood and Little John is only indicated as "P.H." on late 19th to mid-20th century O.S. maps (see Maps section below); on some it is not labelled at all. Information on publicans for the years 1925-41 can be found at UK Pub History.[3]Template:PnItemQry

Gazetteers

MS Sources

Printed and online sources

Maps

Background

Template:PnItemAlsoSee

Notes

Template:ImgGalleryIntro


Template:PnItemNav