Robin Hood Wood (Bassenthwaite)
|Vicinity||Immediately N of Bassenthwaite|
|Interest||Robin Hood name|
By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2017-08-30. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2017-11-30.
Robin Hood Wood is situated immediately north of Bassenthwaite. About 200 m NNW are Robin Hood farm and Robin Hood Cottage. Robin Hood Holiday Park is located c. 300 m northwest. Robin Hood Wood is included on the 6" O.S. map of the area published in 1867 as well as subsequent revisions (see Maps section below).
- Not included in Dobson, R. B., ed.; Taylor, J., ed. Rymes of Robyn Hood: an Introduction to the English Outlaw (London, 1976), pp. 293-311.
- 6" O.S. map Cumberland XLVI (1867; surveyed 1864-65)
- 6" O.S. map Cumberland XLVI.SE (1900; rev. 1898)
- 6" O.S. map Cumberland XLVI.SE (1900; rev. 1898) (georeferenced)
- 6" O.S. map Cumberland XLVI.SE (19230; rev. 1926)
Path in Robin Hood Wood / David Brown; Geograph; Creative Commons.
Bridleway in Robin Hood Wood / Adrian Taylor; Geograph; Creative Commons.
On the bridleway in Robin Hood Wood / Christine Johnstone; Geograph; Creative Commons.
"th" can not be assigned to a declared number type with value 19.