New Robin Hood Colliery (Brierley Hill)

From International Robin Hood Bibliography
Revision as of 09:51, 7 January 2021 by Henryfunk (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "ImgGalleryIntro" to "ImageGalleryIntroduction")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Locality
Coordinate 52.47779, -2.10662
Adm. div. Staffordshire
Vicinity Nottingham Way; immediately east of Pedmore Road (A4036); c. 1.1 km SE of Brierley Hill
Type Establishment
Interest Robin Hood name
Status Defunct
First Record 1915
Loading map...
The New Robin Hood Colliery was located in the area now occupied by Nottingham Way.
Nottingham Way, the site of the New Robin Hood Colliery / Google Earth Street View.

By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2020-10-23. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2021-01-07.

The New Robin Hood Colliery, c. 2.2 km ESE of Brierley Hill, was in existence by 1915 and until 1946 or later. It must have been named after a Robin Hood pub in the immediate vicinity.

A website with mining-related data lists owners of the mine for the years 1915–40.[1] THe earliest of the O.S. maps listed below dates from 1920, the latest from 1946, so that we can extend the period during which this colliery is in evidence to 1915–46.

Gazetteers

Sources

Maps

Also see

Notes