This template sets up page variables on item pages in IRHB's allusions section. It takes the following parameters which are all optional, except About:
- Date – use for four-digit year if date in page name is in different format (rarely the case)
- DatePrefix – typically for "c. "
- DateSuffix – for instance for "?" or hyphen and four-digit upper year
- AuthorPrefix – typically with value "["
- Author – where form of author's name in info box should be different from that in page title
- AuthorSuffix – typically with value "?" (in cases of doubtful attribution) or "]"
- Title – where form of title in info box should be different from that in page title, for instance when a shorter form has been used in page name
- About – the keyword list or summary of Robin Hood allusion
- PlainTitle – Any non-empty value causes title of work to be formatted in plain (not italic) type. For MS or acephalous works, works without a title etc.
- Poem – Any non-empty value causes the page also to be listed on the Poetry section landing page
- Chronicle – Any non-empty value causes the page also to be listed on the Chronicles section landing page
- Proverb1 to Proverb3 – one-word shorthand reference to proverb
- AlCat1 to AlCat12 – Allusion categories, creating categories of type "Allusion (X)", where X is the name of the page into which the Allusion page is transcluded. Also shown in "Also see" section, with name of target page as link text
- Cat1 to Cat10 – Ad hoc categories. Also shown in "Also see" section
- CatText1 to CatText10 – Link text when this should be different from page name linked to
- HidCat1 to HidCat10 – Hidden ad hoc categories. Not shown in "Also see" section
- Link1 to Link25 – Ad hoc internal links for "Also see" section
- LinkText1 to LinkText25 – Link text where this should be different from the page title linked to, for instance when linking to a DIV or SPAN on a page (using its ID).
There are several ways to add an Allusion item page to a category through this template. The choice depends on how and where the Allusion will be transcluded ("PAGENAME" stands for the name of the transcluding page, X is the lowest unused integer):
- No page transcludes/is currently planned to transclude the allusion item: Ask yourself if the allusion should really be added to this unused category. If yes, use HidCatX, and DO NOT use LinkX. You may want to add a ToDo page to the Allusion item page or somewhere else as a reminder that this unused category exists.
- Allusion will be transcluded in just one page:
- Page PAGENAME transcludes allusion items belonging to "[[Category:Allusion (PAGENAME)]]": use: AlCatX.
- Page PAGENAME transcludes allusion items belonging to "[[Category:PAGENAME]]": use: CatX.
- Otherwise use: HidCatX for the category, and add link to the transcluding page using LinkX.
- Allusion will be transcluded in several pages: Use: HidCatX for the category, and add link to the transcluding page(s) using LinkX (one for each transcluding page).