Robin Hood House (Lostock Gralam)
|Vicinity||66 Birches Lane, Lostock Green, c. 1 km south of Lostock Gralam|
|Interest||Robin Hood name|
By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2017-01-17. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2018-07-12.
Robin Hood House, 66 Birches Lane, Lostock Green is a recently built house which seems to have been first put on the market in 2006. I assume the name is little older than that. It may have been inspired by the Robinhood Farm once located nearby.
- Not included in Dobson, R.B., ed.; Taylor, J., ed. Rymes of Robyn Hood: an Introduction to the English Outlaw (London, 1976), pp. 293-311
- Not included in Dodgson, John McN.; Rumble, Alexander R. The Place-Names of Cheshire, pts. I-V (English Place-Name Society, vols. XLIV-XLVIII, LIV, LXXIV) (Cambridge, 1970-72; [s.l.], 1981; Nottingham, 1997).
Maps centered on the location; the place-name is not included on the maps.
- 6" O.S. map Cheshire XXXIV (1882; surveyed 1874-77)
- 6" O.S. map Cheshire XXXIV.SE (1899; rev. 1897)
- 6" O.S. map Cheshire XXXIV.SE (1899; rev. 1897) (georeferenced)
- 6" O.S. map Cheshire XXXIV.SE (1911; rev. 1908).