Robin Hood Cottage (Whatstandwell)
|Vicinity||c. 6 km SE of Matlock|
|Interest||Robin Hood name|
By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2016-12-30. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2018-07-12.
Robin Hood Cottage is located in the hamlet of Robin Hood on Leashaw Road in Whatstandwell, Derbyshire. The earliest record I have found of the cottage is a 6" O.S. map of the area published in 1884 (see Maps section below).
- Not included in Dobson, R.B., ed.; Taylor, J., ed. Rymes of Robyn Hood: an Introduction to the English Outlaw (London, 1976), pp. 293-311.
- 6" O.S. map Derbyshire XXXIV.SE (1884; surveyed 1879)
- 6" O.S. map Derbyshire XXXIV.SE (1900; rev. 1898) (georeferenced)
- 6" O.S. map Derbyshire XXXIV (1924; rev. 1920)
- 6" O.S. map Derbyshire XXXIV (c. 1949; rev. 1938).