Jump to: navigation, search

Robin Hood Camp (Chapel St Leonards)

Locality
Coordinate 53.216942, 0.336189
Adm. div. Lincolnshire
Vicinity E side of S Road, Chapel St Leonards, by the sea
Type Establishment
Interest Robin Hood name
Status Extant
First Record 1958
A.k.a. Robin Hood Leisure Park; Golden Palm Resort; Golden Palm Leisure Park
Loading map...
The former Robin Hood Camp, Chapel St Leonards.

By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2019-05-16. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2019-05-16.

Within the civil parish of Chapel St Leonards in the east Lindsey District of Lincolnshire, immediately south of the village of Chapel St Leonards itself, lie several caravan holiday parks, one of which used to be the Robin Hood Camp. Now trading as Golden Palm Park, it lies less than 500 m from the sea.

Robin Hood seems to have morphed into a Golden Palm by 2006.[1] While the latter straddles South Road, Robin Hood Camp was located on the east side of it (compare the second and fourth photo in the image gallery below). The first image in the gallery shows a used postcard which a vendor dated 1958. For want of more precise data this will have to serve a the date of first record. While 'Robin Hood Camp' is no longer the official name of the resort, the Robin Hood-themed name is still in use.[2] For statistrical purposes the name is therefore (reluctantly) considered extant.

For shops and clubs with Robin Hood-themed names in and adjacent to the camp, see Chapel St Leonards place-name cluster.

Gazetteers

Maps

Camp not labelled or indicated on maps.

Background

Also see

Notes

Image gallery

Click any image to display it in the lightbox, where you can navigate between images by clicking in the right or left side of the current image.