Robin Hood (Spalding)
|Vicinity||1 Bourne Road, Spalding|
|Interest||Robin Hood name|
By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2013-08-07. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2018-07-12.
The first record I have found of the Robin Hood Pub in Spalding is the 6" O.S. map of the area published in 1888. It is indicated there as "Robin Hood Inn". On three maps published 1906-c. 1931, but based on surveying done in 1903, it is indicated simply as "Inn". On subsequent maps this indication is lacking (see Maps section below), but one gets the impression from the regulars quoted in a local newspaper that the Robin Hood was in business throughout. Sadly as of November 2015 the pub's existence was threatened.
- Lincolnshire CXLII.NW (1888; surveyed 1887)
- Lincolnshire CXLII.NW (1906; rev. 1903)
- Lincolnshire CXLII.NW (1906; rev. 1903) (georeferenced)
- Lincolnshire CXLII.NW (c. 1931; rev. 1903)
- Lincolnshire CXLII.NW (1932; rev. 1929)
- Lincolnshire CXLII.NW (c. 1948; rev. 1938)
- Lincolnshire CXLII.NW (1952; rev. 1950).
Click any image to display it in the lightbox, where you can navigate between images by clicking in the right or left side of the current image.
The Robin Hood / Ian S,, 28 Aug. 2011, Creative Commons via Geograph.
The Robin Hood / Matt Fascione, 17 Aug. 2014, Creative Commons via Geograph.
The Robin Hood / J. Thomas, 6 Sep. 2012, Creative Commons via Geograph.