Robin Hood (Elsenham)
|Vicinity||Robin Hood Road, Elsenham|
|Interest||Robin Hood name|
|A.k.a.||Robin Hood and Little John|
By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2020-05-26. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2021-02-12.
The Robin Hood in Elsenham was in existence by 1867 and at least as late as 1937.
Robin Hood Road in Elsenham was named after the pub which was located there. A wealth of information on publicans etc. for this period can be found at the Pub Wiki, which also notes the alternative name 'Robin Hood and Little John'.
- Not included in Dobson, R. B., ed.; Taylor, J., ed. Rymes of Robyn Hood: an Introduction to the English Outlaw (London, 1976), pp. 293-311.
- 25" O.S. map Essex XXIII.1 (c. 1881; surveyed 1876). No copy in NLS
- 25" O.S. map Essex XXIII.1 (c. 1897; rev. c. 1896). No copy in NLS
- 25" O.S. map Essex nXXIII.12 (1920; rev. 1919) (georeferenced)
- 25" O.S. map Essex (1920; rev. 1919)
- 6" O.S. map Essex XXIII (1881; surveyed 1875–76)
- 6" O.S. map Hertfordshire XV (1881–83; surveyed 1875)
- 6" O.S. map Essex XXIII.NW (1898; rev. 1896) (georeferenced)
- 6" O.S. map Essex XXIII.NW (1898; rev. 1896)
- 6" O.S. map Essex nXXIII (1923; rev. 1916–19)
- 6" O.S. map Essex nXXIII (1951; rev. 1946–47).
- Elsenham place-name cluster
- Places named after Little John
- Robin Hood Road (Elsenham)
- Public houses named after Robin Hood.