Robin Hood (Duke Street, Sheffield)
|Adm. div.||West Riding of Yorkshire|
|Vicinity||86 Duke Street|
|Interest||Robin Hood name|
By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2013-08-07. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2021-01-07.
This pub opened in 1822 and was located at 74 Duke Street at least until 1837, but by 1839 it had moved to No. 86. It figures as Robin Hood & Little John in 1833. Some forty trade directory entries from the period 1822 to 1951 are known. Information on publicans for the years 1833 to 1919 can be found at UK Pub History. Since house numbering was sometimes changed, it is uncertain if the change from 74 to 86 Duke Street meant a real physical change of premises.
- Not included in Dobson, R. B., ed.; Taylor, J., ed. Rymes of Robyn Hood: an Introduction to the English Outlaw (London, 1976), pp. 293-311.
- Sheffield History
- UK Pub History: Robin Hood, 86 Duke Street, Park, Sheffield, Yorkshire.
- White, William. General Directory of the Town and Borough of Sheffield, with Rotheram, Chesterfield, and all the Parishes, Townships, Villages, and Hamlets, within a Circuit of Twelve Miles round the Capital of Hallamshire (Sheffield, 1845), pp. 123, 287.