Robin Hood (Dagenham) (2)
|Adm. div.||Essex, now Greater London|
|Vicinity||807 Longbridge Road|
|Interest||Robin Hood name|
By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2018-01-09. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2018-07-16.
The Robin Hood at 807 Longbridge Road, Dagenham (formerly Essex, now Greater London) was built at some point between 1929 and 1937. At the latter date the proprietors were Z. Pettett & A. J. Wainwright. The pub was possibly built as a replacement for the Robin Hood on nearby Bennetts Castle Lane, which was torn down c. 1929.
- Not included in Dobson, R.B., ed.; Taylor, J., ed. Rymes of Robyn Hood: an Introduction to the English Outlaw (London, 1976), pp. 293-311.
- Closed Pubs: Essex: Dagenham: Robin Hood
- Facebook: Dagenham in Pictures
- Pubology: Robin Hood
- UK Pub History: The Essex 1937 Pub Directory - Ro.
- 25" O.S. map Essex (New Series) LXXVIII.16 (1919; rev. 1915)
- 25" O.S. map Essex LXXIV.6 (1897; rev. 1895)
- 25" O.S. map Essex (New Series) LXXVIII.16 (1919; rev. 1915) (georeferenced)
- 25" O.S. map Essex LXXVIII.16 (1946; rev. 1938) (pub included).
Click any image to display it in the lightbox, where you can navigate between images by clicking in the right or left side of the current image.
The Robin Hood at 807 Longbridge Road / [s.n.]. "Robin Hood", Longbridge Road, Chadwell Heath (8281) ([s.l.], [s.d.]). Photographic postcard (tinted). 139 x 87 mm / Private collection.