By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2013-07-01. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2014-08-13.
The section on Robin Hood proverbs includes information on specific proverbs, on proverb collections and lists, and on sources discussing proverbs. Also included are examples of the use of "Robin Hood" or names of minor characters as common nouns, plant names etc.
Specific proverbs and expressions
- As crooked as Robin Hood's bow
- Come and drink with Robin Hood
- Come, turn about, Robin Hood
- Good even, good Robin Hood
- Many speak of Robin Hood that never shot in his bow
- Robin Hood
- Robin Hood could bear any wind but a thaw wind
- Robin Hood in Barnsdale stood
- Robin Hood stole from the rich and gave to the poor
- Robin Hood's mile
- Robin Hood's pennyworths
- Tales of Robin Hood are good enough for fools
- To go round by Robin Hood's barn
- To overshoot Robin Hood
Collections and lists
The page on "Collections and lists" includes lists of Robin Hood proverbs as well as general proverb collection.
Studies and criticism
The page on "Studies and criticism" lists the relatively few sources that touch on Robin Hood proverbs in general.