Persons with names of minor characters (links)
By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2015-08-28. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2018-11-25.
Below will be found lists of records relating to historical persons with names similar or identical to those of minor characters in the Robin Hood tradition or who otherwise are reminiscent of such minor characters. Records relating to persons named Richard at the Lee or similar are listed on a separate page because that list is potentially a long one. Little John gets a page of his own; he is too important to be considered a minor character.
Much the Miller's son
The following record concerns a person reminiscent of Much the Miller's son:
The following 8 records concern persons named William Scarlet:
- 1225 - Willelmus Scarlat of Dieppe
- 1339 - William Scarlet of Lostwithiel
- 1364 - William Scarlet of Barnstaple
- 1364 - William Scarlet of Whaplode
- 1371 - William Scarlet steals wine from Black Prince
- 1374 - William Scarlet of Southampton
- 1450 - William Scarlet of Dersingham
- 1493 - Lands formerly belonging to William Scarlet