Conquests of the Longbow (PC game)
|Title||Conquests of the Longbow: the Legend of Robin Hood|
|Platform||DOS (PC); Amiga; Mac|
|Media||6 x 3.5" diskette|
|Specs||VGA and EGA/Tandy versions; 256 and 16 color versions|
By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2013-07-11. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2017-12-18.
In this 1991 game, the player (Robin Hood) must help restore King Richard I to the throne of England by collecting enough money to pay the king's ransom while making sure he and his men are not captured and hanged by the Sheriff of Nottingham.
The game was produced by Sierra Online (subsequently renamed Sierra Entertainment), which went out of business in 2008 but was subsequently revived. The original PC software cannot be installed and run on a PC with a modern operating system, but freely available updated versions produced by third parties are available on the Internet (see under heading Gameplay below).
White cardboard box in illustrated slipcase, 22.5 x 18 x 5.5 cm.
- 6 diskettes
- Conquests of the Longbow Manual , 30,  pp.
- Sierra Game manual
- nine men's morris board (cardboard)
- order form for exchanging 16 colour with 256 colour version or vice versa
- Sierra games catalogue
- various advertising matter.
- Director: Christy Marx
- Game Designer: Christy Marx
- Manual Writer: Christy Marx
- Executive Producer: Ken Williams
- Creative Director: Bill Davis
- Producer: Guruka Singh Khalsa
- Art Designer: Kenn Nishiuye
- Lead Programmer: Richard Aronson
- Music Director: Mark Seibert
- Quality Assurance: Dan Scott
- Manual Design: Gloria Garland
- animators: Ernie Chan, Gerald Moore, Eric Kasner, Deanna Yhalkee, Frances Powell, Al Roughton, Diane Wilson, Nathan Larsen, Tamra Dayton.
- background artists: Ernie Chan, Al Roughton, Arturo Sinclair, Jay Allan Friedmann, Terrence C. Falls, Jerry Jessurun, Dana M. Dean, Roger Hardy, Jr., Phyllis Cucchiara, Teresa D. Tidd.
- programmers: Bob Fischbach, Robert L. Mallory, Todd Powers, Vana Baker, Cynthia L. Goff, Yoko Hayashi, Pablo Ghenis, J. Mark Hood, Krishnan Shankar, Brian K. Hughes, Carlos Escobar.
- development system: Jeff Stephenson, Robert E. Heitman, Dan Foy, Larry Scott, J. Mark Hood, Eric Hart, Mark Wilden, Chris Smith, Terry McHenry, Chad Bye, Ken Koch, John Rettig, John Crane, Steven Coallier, Randy Moss.
- additional music and sound effects: Aubrey Hodges, Chris Braymen, Ken Allen, Orpheus Hanley.
- manual illustrations: Gloria Garland, Nathan Gams, Cheryl Sweeney, Bill Davis, John Shroades, Ernie Chan, Al Roughton.
- 640 kb RAM
- hard disk
- 80286 processor or better.
- supported soundcards: Thunderboard; Pro-Audio Spectrum; Ad Lib; Roland MT-32/LAPC-1/CM-32L; Sound Blaster; Sound Force.
- Download game: Conquests of the Longbow at Abandonia
- Help page at Sierra Help
- Walkthrough from Abandonia
- Let's Play Conquests of the Longbow on Youtube (first part of 42)
Criticism and discussion
- Lesser, Hartley; Lesser, Patricia; Lesser, Kirk. 'The Role of Computers', Dragon, No. 179 (1992), p. 57-62. Five star review of the game.
- Marx, Christy. Conquests of the Longbow page
- Wikipedia: Conquests of the Longbow
- As of 25 April 2017, website lists only three PC games currently in production.
Click any image to display it in the lightbox, where you can navigate between images by clicking in the right (or left) side of the current image.