1886 - Redfern, Francis - History and Antiquities of Town of Uttoxeter (1)
|Title||History and Antiquities of the Town and Neighbourhood of Uttoxeter, with Notices of Adjoining Places|
|Mentions||Robin Hood's Butts (Combridge); White Gate (Stubwood)|
By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2020-10-16. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2020-10-16.
IRHB's brackets. The corresponding passage in the first edition of Redfern's work is slightly shorter, see 1865 - Redfern, Francis - History of Town of Uttoxeter (1).
For discussion of the locality and place-name, see Robin Hood's Butts (Combridge).
- Not included in Dobson, R.B., ed.; Taylor, J., ed. Rymes of Robyn Hood: an Introduction to the English Outlaw (London, 1976), pp. 315-19.
- Outside scope of Sussex, Lucy, compil. 'References to Robin Hood up to 1600', in: Knight, Stephen. Robin Hood: A Complete Study of the English Outlaw (Oxford, UK; Cambridge, Massachusetts: Blackwell, 1994), pp. 262-88.
- Redfern, Francis. History and Antiquities of the Town and Neighbourhood of Uttoxeter: with Notices of Adjoining Places. Second Edition (Hanley; London; Uttoxeter, 1886), pp. 86-87.
- Robin Hood's Butts (Combridge)
- White Gate (Stubwood)
- 1886 - Redfern, Francis - History of Town of Uttoxeter (1)
- Places connected by bowshot.