1883 - Macquoid, Thomas - About Yorkshire
|Mentions||Robin Hood's Well [at Dauber Gill]; Robin Hood's Park [at Dauber Gill];|
By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2014-07-17. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2018-07-28.
There are several wild glens [on the hill above the village of Lofthouse] which well reward the explorer; Wath woods and waterfalls near Pateley Bridge on the Doubergill beck, near which we found a trace of Robin Hood ; a rocky field not far from Sigsworth Grange is called Robin Hood's Park, and a spring in the wood below Robin Hood's Well.
- Not included in Dobson, R.B., ed.; Taylor, J., ed. Rymes of Robyn Hood: an Introduction to the English Outlaw (London, 1976), pp. 315-19.
- Outside scope of Sussex, Lucy, compil. 'References to Robin Hood up to 1600', in: Knight, Stephen. Robin Hood: A Complete Study of the English Outlaw (Oxford, UK; Cambridge, Massachusetts: Blackwell, 1994), pp. 262-88.
- Robin Hood's Well (Fountains Earth)
- Robin Hood's Park (Fountains Earth)
- 1832 - Scott, Walter - Inscription for Robin Hood's Well
- 1863 - Grainge, William - Nidderdale.