1844 - Proceedings of the Old Bailey (1)
|Topic||Witness in case of theft lives at the Robin Hood, High Hill Ferry|
By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2018-02-10. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2019-04-05.
[1 Jan. 1844:]
[...] JAMES WICKENDEN. I live at the Robin Hood, High Hill Ferry. On Sunday evening, the 10th of Dec, I saw the prisoners together in my master's tap-room, for about an hour and a half—I did not see any bundle—they had a dog—the prosecutor's field is about two hundred yards from our house.
IRHB has silently regularized the use of spaces before punctuation marks in the quotation and corrected the HTML text at Proceedings of the Old Bailey from the PDF of the original printed edition. IRHB's ellipses.
- Not included in Sussex, Lucy, compil. 'References to Robin Hood up to 1600', in: Knight, Stephen. Robin Hood: A Complete Study of the English Outlaw (Oxford, UK; Cambridge, Massachusetts: Blackwell, 1994), pp. 262-88.
- 1794 - Proceedings of the Old Bailey (2)
- 1816 - Proceedings of the Old Bailey (1)
- 1824 - Proceedings of the Old Bailey (3)
- 1864 - Proceedings of the Old Bailey (1).