1834 - Proceedings of the Old Bailey (2)
|Topic||Thief apprehended at the Robin Hood in Skinner Street|
By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2018-06-20. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2018-07-28.
[10 Apr. 1834:]
JOHN MAY. I apprehended the prisoner on the 3rd of April, at the Robin Hood, Windmill-street, and found six duplicates on him - the prosecutor identified the clothes he was wearing - three of the duplicates led me to Chaffer's - and one to Bartram, for a pair of sugar-tongs and two tea-spoons.
IRHB has silently regularized the use of spaces before punctuation marks in the quotation and corrected the HTML text at Proceedings of the Old Bailey from the PDF of the original printed edition.
- Not included in Sussex, Lucy, compil. 'References to Robin Hood up to 1600', in: Knight, Stephen. Robin Hood: A Complete Study of the English Outlaw (Oxford, UK; Cambridge, Massachusetts: Blackwell, 1994), pp. 262-88.
- 1799 - Proceedings of the Old Bailey
- 1800 - Proceedings of the Old Bailey (3)
- 1824 - Proceedings of the Old Bailey (1)
- 1848 - Proceedings of the Old Bailey (1)
- 1868 - Proceedings of the Old Bailey (4)
- Robin Hood (St James, Westminster).