1817 - Young, George - History of Whitby (3)
|Title||The History of Whitby and of Whitby Abbey|
|Mentions||Robin Hood; [Robin Hood's Bay]; [Whitby Abbey]|
From north to south: Whitby Abbey and Robin Hood's Bay.
By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2016-06-01. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2018-07-12.
Little notice is taken here of May day, or of midsummer; nor is there any day devoted here to Robin Hood, though Robin once lived in our neighbourhood.
- Not included in Dobson, R.B., ed.; Taylor, J., ed. Rymes of Robyn Hood: an Introduction to the English Outlaw (London, 1976), pp. 315-19.
- Outside scope of Sussex, Lucy, compil. 'References to Robin Hood up to 1600', in: Knight, Stephen. Robin Hood: A Complete Study of the English Outlaw (Oxford, UK; Cambridge, Massachusetts: Blackwell, 1994), pp. 262-88.
- Young, George. A History of Whitby, and Streoneshalh Abbey: with a Statistical Survey of the Vicinity to the Distance of Twenty-Five Miles (Whitby, 1817), vol. II, p. 647.
- Whitby Abbey
- Robin Hood's Bay
- 1817 - Young, George - History of Whitby (1)
- 1817 - Young, George - History of Whitby (2).