Jump to: navigation, search

1751 - Robin Hood (Bedford)

Record
Date 1751
Topic Ale-house recognizances. The list includes the Robin Hood (probably in Bedford)
Loading map...
High Street, Bedford, where the Robin Hood was located.

By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2017-12-20. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2018-07-28.

Record

1751
27th September. Ale-house Recognizances, giving the names of the various Inns in the Town of Bedford and elsewhere, viz.: — The Boat, the Wheatsheaf, the Chequer, the Blue Lion, the Dolphin, the Rose, the Sun, The Green Dragon, The Bakers Arms, the Sun in St. Pauls, the Castle, the Crown and Thistle, the Bachelors Arms, the Horse-shoe, the Bull, the Cock, the "Flower de Luce," the Duke of Cumberland's Head, The Saracen's Head, the Christopher, the Globe, the Golden Pot, the Cherry Tree, the Rose and Ch'own, Horse and Hound, The Crown, the Bell, the Ship, the Ragged Staff in St. Paul's, the Cross Keys, the Bell and Swan, the Checjuer in St. John's, the Saddle, the Angel in Cawdwell Street, the White Lion, the Red Lion, the Star, the George, the Crow, the Boat, the Bear, the Fox, the Royal Oak, the Nag's Head, the Black Swan, the White Hart, the Falcon, the Old Nags Head, the Blue Bell, the Spread Eagle, the Swan, the Currier's Arms, the White Hart, the King's Arms, the Sergeant's ? Head, the Maiden Head, the Rugged Staff, the Golden Lion, the Chequers in St. Mary's, the "Flower de Lis" in St. Paul's, the Unicorn, the White Horse, the Three Tuns, the Red Lion in St. Paul's, the Boy and Oar, and the Robin Hood.[1]

Source notes

Item No. 42.

IRHB comments

See Robin Hood (Bedford).

Lists

Also see

Notes