1624 - Robin Hood's Acre (Nottingham)
|Topic||Robin Hood's Acre [Robin Hood's Close, Nottingham]|
By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2016-10-15. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2021-01-08.
Robin Hood's Acre, A.D. 1624-5; [...] Probably near Robin Hood or S. Ann's Well.
The above text is the editor's brief mention, in his index of road and place-names, of a record entry not included in the body of his edition. IRHB's bracketed ellipsis. The text omitted is "3397, p. 37", which is the editor's reference to his MS source.
- Not included in Sussex, Lucy, compil. 'References to Robin Hood up to 1600', in: Knight, Stephen. Robin Hood: A Complete Study of the English Outlaw (Oxford, UK; Cambridge, Massachusetts: Blackwell, 1994), pp. 262-88.
- Stevenson, W.H.; Raine, James, transl.; Baker, W.T., ed.; Guilford, E.L., ed.; Gray, Duncan, ed.; Walker, V.W., ed. Records of the Borough of Nottingham, Being a Series of Extracts from the Archives of the Corporation of Nottingham (London; Nottingham, 1882-1956), vol. IV, p. 441.
- Dobson, R. B., ed.; Taylor, J., ed. Rymes of Robyn Hood: an Introduction to the English Outlaw (London, 1976), p. 301, s.n. 'Robin Hood's Acre'.
- 1484 - Robin Hood's Close (Nottingham)
- 1485 - Robin Hood's Close (Nottingham)
- Robin Hood's Close (Nottingham)
- Robin Hood's Well (Nottingham).