Jump to: navigation, search

1499 - Robin Hood's Close (Nottingham)

Record
Date 1499-1500
Topic Robin Hood's Close (Nottingham)
Loading map...
St Ann's Well a.h.a. Robin Hood's Well, close to which Robin Hood's Close was located.

By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2016-10-09. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2018-07-28.

Record

[1499-1500:]
[...] Compotus Johannis Rose, bocher, et Johannis Williamson, Cameeariorum villae Notingham [...p. 66:...] de xs. per ipsos reccptis pro firma pasturae vocatae 'Robynhode Closse' de Johanne Selyok et Ricardo filio suo sic eis dimissae pro termino [blank] 1 annorum exnunc futurorum, etc. [...]

[Translation in printed source:]
[...] The account of John Rose, butcher, and John Williamson, Chamberlains of the town of Nottingham [... p. 67:...] for 10s. received by them for the rent of a pasture called 'Robynhode Close' from John Seliok and Richard his son so let to them for the term of [blank] 1 years still to come, etc. [...][1]

Source notes

Italics as in printed source, except in brackets. IRHB's brackets. Note 1: "Blank in MS." The editor notes, vol. III, p. 475, s.n. Robin Hood's Close: "This was near S. Ann's Well, formerly known as Robin Hood's Well."

Lists

Sources

Brief mention

Also see

Notes