1344 - Robhodway (Walsham le Willows) (2)
By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2016-12-10. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2019-04-27.
[12 Apr. 1344:]
Roger the Prior of Ixworth amerced 3d. for making an encroachment at Robhodway, digging a claypit on the common.10
This and another 1344 entry in the court rolls are the only known records of this place-name. Presumably the road was named after the local Robhod family.
- Not included in Sussex, Lucy, compil. 'References to Robin Hood up to 1600', in: Knight, Stephen. Robin Hood: A Complete Study of the English Outlaw (Oxford, UK; Cambridge, Massachusetts: Blackwell, 1994), pp. 262-88.
- Lock, Ray, ed.; Bailey, Mark, general ed. The Court Rolls of Walsham le Willows 1303-1350 (Suffolk Records Society, vol. XLI) (Woodbridge, Suffolk, 1998), p. 271.
- 1344 - Robhodway (Walsham le Willows) (1)
- Robhoods of Walsham le Willows (links)
- Robhodway (Walsham le Willows).
- Lock. op. cit., p. 271. Record translated by Lock.
- See Robhodway (Walsham le Willows).