Film studies and criticism
From International Robin Hood Bibliography
By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2013-07-24. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2017-09-18.
- Chapman, James. 'Chapman, James. "The Adventures of Robin Hood" and the Origins of the Television Swashbuckler', Media History, vol. 17 (2011), pp. 273-87
- Dobson, R. B., ed.; Taylor, J., ed. Rymes of Robyn Hood: an Introduction to the English Outlaw (London, 1976), p. 61-62. Excellent discussion of Robin Hood films
- Evans, Dave. "'Rise and Rise Again' – 100 Years of Robin Hood: Part One" (WhatCulture).
- Nollen, Scott Allen. Robin Hood: A Cinematic History of the English Outlaw and His Scottish Counterparts (Jefferson, North Carolina, and London, 1999)
- Hark, Ina Rae. 'The Visual Politics of "The Adventures of Robin Hood"', Journal of Popular Film, vol. 5 (1976), pp. 3-17
- Leitch, Thomas. 'Adaptations without sources: "The Adventures of Robin Hood"', Literature–Film Quarterly, vol. 36 (2008), pp. 21-30
- Levy, Brian J.; Coote, Lesley. 'Mouvance, Greenwood, and Gender in The Adventures of Robin Hood and Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves', in: Knight, Stephen, ed. Robin Hood in Greenwood Stood: Alterity and Context in the English Outlaw Tradition. edited by Stephen Knight (Medieval Identities: Socio-Cultural Spaces, vol. 1) (Turnhout, Belgium, ©2012 ), pp. 165-86.
- Martone, Eric. 'Treacherous "Saracens" and Integrated Muslims: The Islamic Outlaw in Robin Hood’s Band and the Re-imagining of English Identity, 1800 to the Present', Miscellanea: A Journal of English and American Studies, vol. 40 (2009), pp. 53-76
- Richards, Jeffrey. 'Robin Hood on Film and Television since 1945', Visual Culture in Britain, vol. 2 (2001), pp. 65-80
- Stapleford, Richard. 'Robin Hood and the Contemporary Idea of the Hero', Literature–Film Quarterly, vol. 8 (1980), pp. 182-87.