1344 - Robhodway (Walsham le Willows) (1)
By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2016-12-10. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2022-05-17.
[12 Apr. 1344:]
[Thomas Fuller, Walter Fuller and Roger, prior of Ixworth, fined for digging on the common at Staple way and digging clay at Robhodway.]
IRHB's summary or paraphrase of copyright materials. This and another 1344 entry in the court rolls are the only known records of the road name "Robhodway". Presumably the road was named after the local Robhod family.
- Not included in Sussex, Lucy, compil. 'References to Robin Hood up to 1600', in: Knight, Stephen. Robin Hood: A Complete Study of the English Outlaw (Oxford, UK; Cambridge, Massachusetts: Blackwell, 1994), pp. 262-88.
- Lock, Ray, ed.; Bailey, Mark, general ed. The Court Rolls of Walsham le Willows 1303-1350 (Suffolk Records Society, vol. XLI) (Woodbridge, Suffolk, 1998), p. 269.
- 1344 - Robhodway (Walsham le Willows) (2)
- Robhoods of Walsham le Willows (links)
- Robhodway (Walsham le Willows).