Robin Hood (Standford)
|Vicinity||Standford Lane, Standford, Bordon|
|Interest||Robin Hood name|
|A.k.a.||Robin Hood and Little John|
By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2013-07-28. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2022-05-05.
The former Robin Hood in Standford is now Whiteleys Family Restaurant. It was in existence by 1855.
The pub is listed in Kelly's Post Office Directory of Hampshire (1855) as 'Robin Hood', with William Sutton as publican and 'Headley, Liphook' as locality. Information on publicans for the years 1881–1927 can be found at Pub History.
- Not included in Dobson, R. B., ed.; Taylor, J., ed. Rymes of Robyn Hood: an Introduction to the English Outlaw (London, 1976), pp. 293-311.
- [Kelly, E. R.], compil. Post Office Directory of Hampshire, Wiltshire, and Dorsetshire (London, 1855), Hampshire, pp. 66, 301
- Pub History: Robin Hood, Standford, Headley, Hampshire
- 25" O.S. map Hampshire & Isle of Wight XLIV.3 (c. 1872; surveyed 1868-69). No copy in NLS
- 25" O.S. map Hampshire & Isle of Wight XLIV.3 (c. 1897; rev. c. 1895). No copy in NLS
- 25" O.S. map Hampshire & Isle of Wight XLIV.3 (1910; rev. 1909) (georeferenced)
- 25" O.S. map Hampshire & Isle of Wight XLIV.3 (1910; rev. 1909)
- 6" O.S. map Hampshire & Isle of Wight XLIV (1872; surveyed 1869-70)
- 6" O.S. map Hampshire & Isle of Wight XLIV.NE (1898; rev. 1895)
- 6" O.S. map Surrey XLIV.NW & NE (1899; rev. 1895) (georeferenced)
- 6" O.S. map Hampshire & Isle of Wight XLIV.NE (1910; rev. 1909).
Click any image to display it in the lightbox, where you can navigate between images by clicking in the right or left side of the current image.
Whiteley's Family Restaurant, formerly the Robin Hood pub, in Standford / Shazz, 25 Nov. 2008, Creative Commons, via Geograph.
The Robin Hood, Standford Lane / David960, 29 Dec. 2013, Creative Commons, via Geograph.