Ivanhoe House (Smisby)
|Vicinity||Main Street, Smisby, c. 800 m north of Ashby-de-la-Zouch|
|Interest||Robin Hood name|
By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2017-05-08. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2021-01-06.
Ivanhoe House on Smisby Main Street is the home of Ivanhoe Equestrian, formerly a riding school, now offering horse training facilities for hire.
A house in Cliftonthorpe, less than one km from Smisby, was known as Ivanhoe House in the late 19th century.
- Not included in Dobson, R. B., ed.; Taylor, J., ed. Rymes of Robyn Hood: an Introduction to the English Outlaw (London, 1976), pp. 293-311.
Ivanhoe House is indicated without a legend on these maps of the area.
- 6" O.S. map Derbyshire LXI.NW (1902; rev. 1889)
- 6" O.S. map Derbyshire LXI.NW (1904; rev. 1899)
- 6" O.S. map Derbyshire LXI.NW (1904; rev. 1899) (georeferenced)
- 6" O.S. map Derbyshire LXI.NW (1925; rev. 1920).
- Ashby-de-la-Zouch place-name cluster
- Ivanhoe House (Smisby) place-name cluster
- Places named after Ivanhoe
- Ivanhoe House (Cliftonthorpe)
- Scott, Walter - Ivanhoe.