Ivanhoe House (Cliftonthorpe)
From International Robin Hood Bibliography
|Vicinity||In Cliftonthorpe, in the north of Ashby-de-la-Zouch; 1 km SE of Smisby|
|Interest||Robin Hood name|
The former Ivanhoe House.
By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2017-05-06. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2021-01-06.
Immediately north of a fish pond in Cliftonthorpe, 1 km SE of Smisby, in an area that is now in the north of Ashby-de-la-Zouch, was located Ivanhoe House, according to the 6" O.S. map of the area published in 1886 but based on surveying done in 1881-82. When the map was issued in 1904 (revised 1901), Ivanhoe House no longer had a name indicated (see Maps section below).
- Not included in Dobson, R. B., ed.; Taylor, J., ed. Rymes of Robyn Hood: an Introduction to the English Outlaw (London, 1976), pp. 293-311.
- 6" O.S. map Leicestershire XVI.SW (1886; surveyed 1881-82)
- 6" O.S. map Leicestershire XVI.SW (1904; rev. 1901)
- 6" O.S. map Leicestershire XVI.SW (1904; rev. 1901) (georeferenced)
- 6" O.S. map Leicestershire XVI.SW (1925; rev. 1920).