1344 - Robhodway (Walsham le Willows) (2)
From International Robin Hood Bibliography
Walsham le Willows.
By Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2016-12-10. Revised by Henrik Thiil Nielsen, 2022-05-17.
[12 Apr. 1344:]
[Roger, prior of Ixworth, fined for encroachment at Robhodway, by digging of a claypit on the common there.]
IRHB's summary or paraphrase of copyright materials. This and another 1344 entry in the court rolls are the only known records of the raod name Robhodway. Presumably the road was named after the local Robhod family.
- Not included in Sussex, Lucy, compil. 'References to Robin Hood up to 1600', in: Knight, Stephen. Robin Hood: A Complete Study of the English Outlaw (Oxford, UK; Cambridge, Massachusetts: Blackwell, 1994), pp. 262-88.
- Lock, Ray, ed.; Bailey, Mark, general ed. The Court Rolls of Walsham le Willows 1303-1350 (Suffolk Records Society, vol. XLI) (Woodbridge, Suffolk, 1998), p. 271.
- 1344 - Robhodway (Walsham le Willows) (1)
- Robhoods of Walsham le Willows (links)
- Robhodway (Walsham le Willows).